Directions regarding the Moodle Import function to re-use content from Moodle courses from previous semesters.
Note: If you need access to your previous semester’s Moodle course, please email TLTC@purchase.edu.
Watch the screencast tutorial
To move content (resources and activities) from your previous Moodle courses into your FA10 Moodle shells, you can use the Import link located within the Administration block of the course to which you’d like to add content:
- Navigate to the FA10 version of your course; which you can find in your ‘My Courses’ block on the Moodle main page or on your Moodle profile (click on your name at the upper right side of Moodle)
- Click on ‘Import’, located in the Administration block, usually on the left side of the page
- Under “Import activities from another course,” locate your previously taught course in the pull-down menu and click the “Use this course” button
- On the next screen, choose the activities and resources you’d like to import into the new version of the course. If you’d like all of the content, leave all boxes checked and click ‘Continue’
- On the next screen, review the items being imported, and click ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the page
- Moodle will copy the activities and resources you’ve chosen, export that content, and import it into the new course once you click ‘Continue’ > Import Course Data, click ‘Continue’ again > Continue again > Import Complete! Continue to your course
You can now make your edits and updates to the FA10 version of your course using the content you’ve imported into the new shell.