The TLTC and Library are hosting several workshops this week before the start of classes, to help you with final preparations for the new term.
Rebecca Oling will offer a session on Integrating Library Resources into your classes. This session will be held in Library 1004D on Thursday, 26 August, from 10:30 to 12:00.
- WHO: All teaching faculty
- WHAT: Open Library Studio Time (you can drop in and get the help you need to ensure that your students have the maximum support and you have the minimum of stress!)
- WHERE: 1004D in the Library
- WHY: Maybe you need help finding an article in our databases or just linking to one. Perhaps you would like to explore the myriad e-reference works (or physical ones) we can offer. Maybe you’d like to integrate multimedia resources in a way that doesn’t eat up a lot of class face-to-face time. Whatever the need, we are here to help you.
- WHEN: This time is for you! From 10:30-12 on Thursday August 26th
Marie Sciangula will offer 4 sessions on Getting Started with Moodle / Moodle Studio. Although called “getting started” these sessions aren’t just for people who have never used Moodle before. If you’d like a refresher on how to set up resources and activities for your Moodle courses, want to pick up some ideas about new things you can do with Moodle, or would just like to get some help/advice on setting up your courses for this semester, we’d love to have you attend. There will be morning (9:30 to 12:00) and afternoon (1:00 to 3:30) sessions both Thursday, 26 August and Friday, 27 August, all scheduled for L1004C (the middle computer lab on the main floor of the Library). Specific topics covered will depend on the interests of the workshop participants.
I will offer 3 sessions of Moodle Gradebook. The sessions will cover some common approaches to using the gradebook to provide feedback to your students. If you’ve never used the gradebook before and would like to see how it works, or if you’d like to get feedback on how you’ve set up the gradebook in your Moodle classes this fall, please stop in.
If you know you’d like to attend any of these sessions, please email TLTC@purchase.edu to let us know that you’re coming. But if you find you have a chance to drop in at the last minute, that’s OK too. We’d like to be busy in these workshops.